Professor and Chair, University Graduate Committee
Chair, University Graduate Committee
Office: Social Sciences 120
Office Phone: 559-278-2601
Ph.D. - State University of New York, Buffalo (2003)
|HIST 20 - World History I||W 11:00 - 11:50 am (TBA)|
|HIST 126 - Reformation||MW 3:30 - 4:45 pm|
|HIST 200A - Introduction to Graduate Writing and Historiography||T 6:00 - 8:50 pm|
- Early Modern Women/Gender
- Friendship & Love in the Renaissance
- Early Modern Manners and Conduct Manuals
Articles and Book Chapters:
Discourses and Representations of Friendship, 1500-1700. Co-edited with Daniel T. Lochman and Lorna Hutson. Farnham, UK: Ashgate Publishing, 2010.
"The Courtesan's Gift: Reciprocity and Friendship in the Letters of Camilla Pisana and Tullia D'Aragona." Discourses and Representations of Friendship, 1500-1700. Ed. Daniel T. Lochman, Maritere López, and Lorna Hutson. Farnham, UK: Ashgate Publishing, 2010.
"Venice and the World in the Early Modern Age." Places of Encounter. Eds. Aran and Elaine MacKinnon. Washington, D.C.: CQ Press, March 2012.
"A Practical Compromise to Teaching World History: Thematic Bridges, Standards, and Technology," co-authored with Dr. Melissa Jordine, in World History Connected: the E-Journal of Learning and Teaching 5, No. 3 (May 2008).
"The Chaste Courtesan: Gendered Roles and Identity Formation in the Letters of Camilla Pisana, 1516-1517" (under evaluation).
""For the Education of Her Lover": Love and Gender Construction in the Italian Enlightenment' (under evaluation).
- Western Civilization, I
- World History, I
- Historical Research and Writing
- The Italian Renaissance
- The Age of the Medici
- The Age of Reformations
- Women, Sex, and Power in Early Modern Europe
- Introduction to Graduate Writing & Historiography
- Introduction to Graduate Research & Historiography
- Early Modern Society and Culture
- Sex and Gender in Early Modern Europe
- The Renaissance & the World
- The Enlightenment
- Advanced Research: European Primary Sources