Geography and City and Regional Planning
Clubs & Organizations
The Geography club at Fresno State is a student organization that is dedicated to promoting interest in geography, fostering fellowship among students and faculty in the Geography and City and Regional Planning department, representing student needs and wants in regard to the study of geography and providing a forum for the presentation of innovative ideas to the benefit of the university community.
For more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/csufresnogeogclub/
Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU)
Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU) is an international honor society in geography. Gamma Theta Upsilon was founded in 1928 and became a national organization in 1931. Members of GTU have met academic requirements and share a background and interest in geography. GTU chapter activities support geography knowledge and awareness.
GTU’s Goals are:
- To further professional interest in Geography by affording a common organization for those interested in the field.
- To strengthen student and professional training through academic experiences in addition to those of the classroom and laboratory.
- To advance the status of Geography as a cultural and practical discipline for study and investigation.
- To encourage student research of high quality, and to promote an outlet for publication.
- To create and administer funds for furthering graduate study and/or research in the field of Geography.
- To encourage members to apply geographic knowledge and skills in service to humankind.
For more information: http://www.gammathetaupsilon.org