Pi Sigma Alpha - The National Political Science Honor Society (Alpha Delta Beta Chapter at Fresno State)
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Everett A. Vieira III
PSA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Website: pisigmaalpha.org
The purpose of this organization is to stimulate productive scholarship and intelligent interest in the subject of politics; to seek and promote a better understanding of government among its members; to promote worthwhile curricular activities related to political science; to advance and diffuse knowledge and interest in political science; and to encourage beneficial interaction among the students and faculty of the Department of Political Science at Fresno State.
Members must be juniors, seniors, or graduate students and have completed at least 12 semester-credits of work in Political Science courses earning a 3.0 GPA or higher in these courses.
Why Pi Sigma Alpha?
- Honors regalia: Pi Sigma Alpha members can wear special medallions, stoles, and pins for graduation.
- Membership-exclusive events: In addition to the professional development, graduate/law school, and guest speaker events we host, membership will also give you access to exclusive workshops and panels.
- Scholarships and awards: Every year, Pi Sigma Alpha's national organization provides scholarships for graduate study and awards for outstanding undergraduate papers and theses.
- Academic opportunities: Pi Sigma Alpha's national student research conference and undergraduate journal are opportunities for members to showcase their work and build their resume/CV.
- A recognized symbol of scholastic achievement: Membership in Pi Sigma Alpha is a great way to show you excelled in university, and sets you apart from other political science graduates.
- Federal salary enhancement: Membership in Pi Sigma Alpha can increase your GS level (and therefore your pay) if you work for the federal government (for more information click here).
President: David Klein
Vice President: Katie Witter
Secretary: Jose Santiesteban
Treasurer: Akash Singh
Pi Sigma Alpha Best Chapter Award (2020 - 2021)